Kisi-kisi Soal UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1 disusun oleh Dwi X-Cisadane
Jumlah Soal : 70
1. Dear Sir, Ladies and Gentleman are some examples of .....
a. Complementary close c. Inside address
b. Body d. The salutation*
2. This part of business letter shows the address of the recipient.
a. The inside address* c. The signature
b. The salutation d. The body
3. In which part of the business letter that you have to put specific time to know when the letter is mailed?
a. Reference line c. Signature
b. Letter head d. The date of the letter*
4. What part of business letter which inform the matters discuss in the letter?
a. Subject line* c. Enclosure
b. Attention line d. Reference line
5. Below are parts of a business letter, except .....
a. An inside address c. A letter head
b. A salutation d. An announcement*
6. This part of business letter shows the postal address of the writer .....
a. The letter head* c. The salutation
b. The inside address d. The signature
7. The content of the opening part of an inquiry part of an inquiry letter is .....
a. Tell who the sender is c. Thank the recipient
b. Tell why the sender is writing d. Tell what the sender needs to know*
8. This part of business letter contains the message or information which the writer wants to communicate.
a. Salutation c. Complimentary close
b. Body of the letter* d. Inside address
9. These are included into letter head, except …..
a. Kind of business activity c. Address of the company
b. Signature* d. Telephone number
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 2
10. This is NOT included in the inside address, namely .....
a. Simplified address of the company c. Name of the company
b. Position of the person who write d. Name of the city
11. That is NOT part in letter head :
a. Name of the company c. Office address
b. Branch address d. References*
12. Body of the letter is divided into three paragraphs, except …..
a. Reference* c. Message
b. Closing d. Opening
13. The position of reference line is .....
a. Below the body of letter c. Below the letter head*
b. Below the signature d. Below the salutation
14. The position of the inside address in the letter is :
a. Below the salutation c. Above the salutation*
b. Above the letter head d. Above the date
15. Dear Sir, Dear Madame, Dear Mrs., Dear Mr., are the examples of .....
a. Heading c. Inside address
b. Body of the letter d. The salutation*
16. A balance sheet shows the financial ......... that a company has at a point in time and where they came from.
a. Records* c. Return
b. Resources d. Revenues
17. It is an instant photograph that displays the company's financial ..... at the end of a business month, quarter or year.
a. Explanation c. Publication
b. Position* d. Station
18. The organization of a balance sheet reflects this basic ..... assets equal debts plus equity.
a. Arrangement c. Equition*
b. Assessment d. Question
19. The ..... of accounts is a listing of the accounts that are reflected in the financial statements.
a. Book c. Table
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 3
b. Chart* d. Outline
20. Assets are often listed in the order of their ..... — which means how easy it would be to convert each asset into cash.
a. Complexity c. Simplicity
b. Security d. Liquidity*
21. Showing that you think somebody has done something wrong mean .....
a. Regret c. Apologize*
b. Accusing d. Assuming
22. Seller or exporter’s order that accompanies a demand draft or time draft and instructs the collecting and remitting banks on interest charges, demurrage charges, case of need, protest, etc is called
a. Letters of apologize c. Collection letters*
b. Letters of confirmation d. Letters of acceptance
23. An order form can be called as .....
a. Terms of payment c. Official form
b. Description order d. Purchase order*
24. The followings are the things that can be found in inquiry letter, except …..
a. Sample of products c. Terms of payment
b. Quotation d. Purchase order*
25. The purpose of inquiry letter is .....
a. To order goods c. Asking information of the goods
b. To request some goods* d. Making apologize
26. These followings are included into information that we can get from inquiry letter, except …..
a. Purchase order c. Price-list
b. Sample of products* d. Method of transport
27. Do not include an address or title, such as Mr. or Ms. It can be found in .....
a. Curriculum Vitae c. Cover sheet
b. Resume d. Memo*
28. The reason why we make complaining letter is .....
a. B and D are correct* c. B and D are incorrect
b. Receiving damaged products d. Receiving that wrong products
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 4
29. Which of the following is the correct salutation in British style?
a. Dear Sir,* c. Dear Sir;
b. Dear Sir: d. Dear Sir
30. The correct date format of business letter in American style is .....
a. 24-July-2011 c. July 24th, 2011
b. July 24th/2011 d. 24th July, 2011*
31. Which of the followings is incorrect complimentary close format in British Style?
a. Yours very truly* c. Yours sincerely,
b. Yours faithfully, d. Yours truly,
32. When the salutation is ‘Dear Madam’ or ‘Dear Sir’, the suitable Complementary close is .....
a. Regards, c. Your sincerely,
b. Your faithfully,* d. Yours truly,
33. Here are some styles of business letter, except .....
a. Full block style c. Standard block style*
b. Block style d. Semi block style
34. ..... format is usually used in making memo.
a. Hanging indented c. Block
b. Indented d. Simplified*
35. What style of business letter which saves energy and time in typing, because all texts are typed flush left?
a. Indented style * c. Hanging indentation style
b. Modified block style d. Full block style
36. Ref. yn/KH/D9
The KH in reference line above is the initial of …..
a. The filling number c. The signer*
b. The filling system d. The typist
Dear Mr. Harris,
(37)………… that the fabric manufactured are late with their delivery. (38)………. a delay and our production was being held up. We shall do everything (39)……… to minimize the delivery of your material as quickly as we can.
Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we (40)……. that your order will be in Jersey early in October.
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 5
37. a. I’m writing to inform you c. We are sorry to tell you*
b. I want to tell you d. I want you to know
38. a. At present the situation is* c. We will try to improve
b. We must explain the reason for d. The facts are as follows
39. a. Possible* c. Could be possibly
b. Possibly d. Fine
40. a. Explain c. Promise*
b. Agree d. Tell you
7th April 2007
We are an industrial organization established in 1975 by Government decree and we operate here in Bangladesh.
We are most interest in developing secondary industry in this area. One of our projects is to establish a leather board industry and we wonder if you could help us to find a suitable partner.
The sort of company we have in mind is a large-scale manufacturer of leather board, with international marketing experience and a strong technical staff.
We would be most grateful if you could recommend a German company which fits this description.
Based on the letter above , answer the following questions :
41. What the letter talking about ?
a. Letter offering congratulations c. Letter of sympathize
b. Letter asking of information* d. Letter of application
42. Who would be a suitable partner?
a. An Egypt company c. A German company*
b. An Indonesia company d. A Bangladesh company
43. Who sent the letter?
a. A company in German c. The Government
b. A company in Indonesia d. A company in Bangladesh*
44. What the one of their projects?
a. Esthabilsh a billboard industry c. Esthabilsh a whiteboard industry
b. Esthabilsh a snowboard industry d. Esthabilsh a leather industry*
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 6
45. When was this letter sent?
a. 17th April c. 7th April*
b. 7th August d. 17th August
46. Dears Mrs Arisa,
I’ve only just heard the news…
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I’ll phone you next week.
With Our Wishes,
What is the purpose of the letter above?
a. Confirm c. Sympathize*
b. Apologize d. Threaten
47. Thank you for your letter of ..... inquirying about our catalogues, price-list and terms of payment. The sentence can be found in …..
a. Inquiry letter c. Order letter
b. Complaining letter d. Replying to inquiry letter*
48. ”We wonder if you could help us/advise us/send us/let us have…..”
That phrase is the content of the letter of ..…
a. Asking for information* c. Refusal
b. Enquiry d. Supplying information
49. ”My work experience matches your requirements. I worked as an administrative assistant for two years.”
Those two sentences can be stated in ..…
a. Claim letter c. Memo
b. Application letter* d. Replying to inquiries
50. Thank you once again
What is the suitable opening for the letter above?
a. Dear Sirs,
You will surely agree that we have been very patient about .....
On Friday we’re having a few friends round to our place for drinks .....
c. Dear Mrs Farel,
Congratulations we heard today that you …..
d. Dear Sue,*
Thank you for your letter of the 5th . I really do think you should have told me …..
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 7
51. Which sentences refers to “offering further information”…..
a. We look forward to hearing from you
b. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require/need further information.*
c. Could you please let me/us have about your product.
d. We would like your views on the possibility of setting up a partnership
Dear Mr Bonjovi,
…….………(52)……for your detailed letter of June 6th. After careful consideration we ……(53)………… to help you in setting up and special plant for local manufacture
52. a. Thank you c. Thank you again for your enquiry*
b. We would be happy d. Regret that we are unable
53. a. Thank you c. Thank you again for your enquiry
b. We would be happy d. Regret that we are unable*
54. Which complementary close is the least formal?
a. Sincerely c. Very truly
b. Respectfully yours d. Cordially yours*
55. The sentence using formal language is .....
a. I shall meet you at the station* c. They have booked you into the
b. We have laid on dinner at 21.00 d. We can certainly pick you up at the
for nine of us on the 20th airport at 15.30
56. Words or phrasal verbs which make the tone less formal, except…
a. Pick up c. Delighted*
b. Laid on d. Booked
57. What is the formal language of “chance” ?
a. Accident* c. Endeavor
b. Coincidence d. Commitments
58. Which one of the formal language of offering congratulations below?
a. Congratulations! c. I’ll give you a ring when I get back.
b. It is a great pity that we can’t d. Your appointment gave me great pleasure*
get together soon.
59. There are two kinds of offering congratulations. The formal and the informal one. Which one of the statements below is the informal one?
a. I was very glad to hear about .....*
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 8
b. I offer you my sincere congratulations.
c. I am delighted that your talent and hardwork have been rewarder.
d. In the meantime, I wish you every success.
60. There are some sentences to apologize without delay, except .....
a. We are sorry to tell you that ..... c. We must explain the reason for .....*
b. We very much regret that ….. d. Please accept our sincere apologies.
61. What is the abbreviation of PS?
a. Postscript* c. Personal sentence
b. Purchase statement d. Postal subject
62. What is the English term of Salam pembuka?:
a. Complementary close c. The salutation*
b. Subject line d. Siganture
63. The English term of perihal surat is .....
a. Subject line* c. Reference line
b. Enclosure d. Attention line
64. They ..... Indonesian but they live in Australia.
a. Are* c. Am
b. Is d. Went
65. Quite by ….. Our Italian agent, Antonio Comelli, of the Albani group, will be on the same flight.
a. Into c. Accident*
b. Chance d. Opportunity
66. Rabbit is ..... then ant, but elephant is the ..... one.
a. Bigger, largest* c. Smaller, bigger
b. More big, larger d. Larger, biggest
67. Laptops are ..... than computers, but ..... than notebooks
a. Heavier, lighter c. More heavy, lighter
b. Lighter, heavier* d. Lightest, heavier
68. I'll phone you ..... Tuesday morning ..... 10
a. At, in c. At, on
b. In, at d. On, at*
69. Mozart was born in Salzburg ..... 1756.
a. On c. In*
Kisi-kisi UAS Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 1. BUKAN SOAL YANG SEBENARNYA! 9
b. Since d. At
70. While here are some sentences to give some explanation, except …..
a. At present the situation is ..... c. What happened was that .....
b. We must explain the reason for ….. d. We must regret that …..*
-= Correct Me If Wrong Good Luck Guys! =-