SMP KOSGORO SE-KABUPATEN BANYUWANGI
I. Choose the correct answer!
1. Ana : Cici, please meet Betty, mu new classmate.
Betty, this is Cici, my close friend.
Betty : How do you do?
Cici : ………
a. How are you ? c. how do you do?
b. hello, I’m Cici. d. are you Betty
2. Miss Enny : ……….
Nuri : My Name is Nuri. Ma’am
a. How are you? c. How do you do?
b. What is your name? d. Are you Nuri
3. Hasim : is this your pencil?
Devi : Yes, it’s …. Pencil.
Hello my friends. My name is Rini Widiastuti. You can call me Rini. I’m a student of SMP 5. I’m in the first year. I live on Jalan Serka Marimin, Magelang. I was born on the first of January 1998, in Cimahi. My father is Mr. Rahmad and Mrs. Anita is my mother. They are teachers. I’m happy to meet you. Thank you.
4. Where does Rini live ?
a. On Jalan Anita, Bandung c. In Cimahi
b. On Jalan Serka Marimin, Magelang d. In Semarang
5. Where is Rini Widiastuti was born?
a. In Cimahi c. On Jalan Serka Marimin
b. In Magelang d. In Semarang
6. Where does she go to school?
a. At SMP 5 c. in the second year
b. In the first year d. In Semarang
7. What is Rini’s father?
a. Mr. Rahmad c. a lecturer
b. A teacher d. a doctor
My name is Siti. I live in a small village. There are many people live in my village. There are teachers, a mechanic, ajournalist, a guided and farmers.
Mr. Budi and Mr. Tarjo are teachers. Mr. Budi teches English in SMP 8. Mr. Tarjo seaches Geography in SMA 5. Mr. Badri is a mechanic. He works in workship. Mr. Tanaka is a journalist. He works for SOLO POS. Mr. Harahap is a guided. He work for Shinta Travel Agency.
8. I live in a small village. What does “I” refer to?
a. Siti c. The reader
b. The teacher d. people
9. Does Mr. Badri work for Shinta Travel Agency?
a. Yes, he does c. yes, he is
b. No, he doesn’t d. No, he is not
10. What does Mr. Harahap do?
a. He work in Shinta Travel Agency c. he is a guided
b. He works as a guided in travel d. he works asjournalist
11. Salsa : Is that boy your brother?
Haris : Yes, ……. Is.
a. He c. it
b. She d. she is
12. Adam : Are you Mr. John Smith?
Mr. Smith : Yes, ……
a. I’m c. he is
b. You are d. she is
13. There is …… book on the table …. Book is blue.
a. An. A c. the, a
b. A, the d. the, the
14. I have ….. unbrella. Take it if you need!
a. a c. the
b. an d. some
My school is on Agus Salim Street. It is not far from the stadium on Tennis Street. The school has twelve classroom. There is also a laboratory, a library, and a computer room.
In the school yard, there are two big trees near the basketball court. The school has a canteen for the boys and girls. Student can buy food and drinks there.
15. What fasilities does the school have?
a. A laboratory, a library, and computer
b. A laboratory, a library, a canteen, and a computer
c. A laboratory, a library, and a room
d. A laboratory, a library, and a canteen
16. What is on Agus Salim Street?
a. Stadium c. Tennis court
b. My school d. Basketball yard
17. How many classroom does the school have?
a. 10 c. 11
b. 12 d. 13
18. Where can the student buy the food and drinks?
a. At the restaurant c. At the school canteen
b. at the yard d. At the library
To all Japanese Club member, please gather after school at the meeting room
19. The kinds of notice is found in a …..
a. Café c. school
b. Hotel d. restaurant
20. From the notice above we know that …..
a. The club members should gather at the meeting room
b. The club members should gather after school
c. The meeting is not only for Japanese club members
d. The coordinators should gather after school
No. Time Thursday
21. How many periods does it have?
a. Three periods c. two periods
b. Six periods d. seven periods
22. The first and the second period are for …..
a. Indonesia c. Mathematics
b. English d. History
23. Does it have Biology on Thursday?
a. No, they do not c. No, it does not
b. Yes, they do d. yes, it does
24. The second break is between ….. and ……
a. History and English c. Physics and Religion
b. Mathematics and Religion d. English and Physic
25. Ardila always keeps her stationary in the ….. she does lost it now, so has to borrow all the writing utensils. Poor her!
a. Took c. pencil
b. Pencil case d. blackboard
26. Don’t sit …. A big tree when it rains heavily. A thunder may strike that will endanger your life.
a. On c. under
b. In d. behind
27. ….. students of class VII C in the laboratory. They are doing some experiments.
a. There is c. there aren’t
b. There isn’t d. there are
Look at the Budi’s Time Table!
Days Time Subject
28. From the table we know that …..
a. The first period is English c. the second and third periods are English
b. The first period is 40 minute long d. the first break is at 08.30
29. Rima : Thank you for your attention
Anto : ……
a. You are welcome c. please excuse me
b. I am very sorry d. thanks
It is Thursday. Fajar is in schools …. (30). He wants to find a book. The book is about flora and fauna. First, he goes to the …. (31) to find the title and the name of the aouthor. Then, he writes on a piece of …. (32). He meets the …. (33) and tell that he wants to borrow book.
a. Laboratory c. canteen
b. Library d. staff office
a. Bookshelf c. room
b. Book case d. catalogue
a. Chart c. letter
b. Paper d. book
a. Gardener c. headmaster
b. Teacher d. librarian
Arrange the following sentences into a good paragraph!
1. She is a kind and patient teacher.
2. She looks after her student well
3. Most of her kessons are interesting
4. She love to help slow students to improve in their work
5. My teacher is Miss Yulia
6. She often tells us jokes when we done our work
7. I hope she will be my teacher again next year
34. The correct arrangement is …..
a. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 c. 5-6-7-1-2-3-4
b. 1-2-3-4-6-5-7 d. 5-1-2-3-4-6-7
35. School – my – has – classrooms – twelve
1 2 3 4 5
The correct arrangement is …..
a. 1-3-2-4-5 c. 2-4-3-5-1
b. 1-3-4-2-5 d. 2-1-3-5-4
36. They – radio – do – listen - ?
The correct arrangement is …..
a. Do they listen radio? c. Do listen they radio?
b. They do listen radio? d. Do radio listen they?
Mrs. Dewi – an – teacher – English – is – my – in – class
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
37. The correct arrangement is …..
a. 1-3-5-7-8-6-4-2 c. 1-5-6-7-8-2-3-4
b. 1-5-2-4-3-7-6-8 d. 1-5-6-8-4-3-3-7
38. Can – buy – the student – meals – drink – and – at the canteen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The correct arrangement is …..
a. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 c. 3-1-2-4-6-5-7
b. 1-3-2-4-5-7-6 d. 7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Read the table below to answer qustions
Monday : Dance
Tuesday : -
Wednesday : English Conversation, Computer
Thursday : -
Friday : Scouting
Saturday : Basketball
39. How many activities does Anita have ?
a. Seven activities c. six activities
b. Four activities d. five activities
40. What does Anita do every Monday?
a. English conversation c. Basketball
b. Scouting d. Dance
41. When does Anita Free?
a. Tuesday c. Thursday
b. Friday and Saturday d. Tuesday and Thursday
What does your school have? Usually, there are classroom, chairs, tables, blacboard, or whiteboard, paintings, a library, laboratories, a canteen, a mosque, a school yard,. At school, you must wear your school uniform, obey the school regulations, and do the right thing. You must respect your teachers and also get a long with your friends. That’s life at school.
42. What is the suitable title for the text?
a. Things at school c. school life
b. School uniform d. school regulation
43. What must we behave to our teacher at school?
a. Respect them c. disobey them
b. Don’s care of them d. Let them
May I wish you health, happyness, and success in your life, happy birthday.
December 9th, 1995
December 9th, 2008
44. Who is the sender of the card?
a. Nadia c. Ratna
b. Siska d. Nanda
45. Why does Siska send the card?
a. It’s Siska’s birthday c. it’s Siska’s marriage
b. It’s Nadia’s birthday d. it’s Nadia’s marriage
46. What does Nadia wish the following, excep….
a. Happiness c. health
b. Success d. love
47. Mrs. Tobing’s neighbour visited her.
Mrs. Aminah : Good Morning, Lina
Lina : Good Morning, Mrs. Aminah
Mrs. Aminah : Is your mother at home?
Lina : ….. Please come in.
a. Yes, she is c. yes, is she
b. Yes, it is d. yes, it is
48. Rudi is Lina Friend
Rudi : is that boy your friend, Lina?
Lina : ……
Rudi : is he your brother?
Lina : yes, he is. His name is Drajad.
a. No, it isn’t c. No, isn’t he
b. No, he isn’t d. No, he is
Sue and Gail were Classmates before. Now they moved to defferent classes. Sue’s class teacher is Mr. John Carter. He’s a nice man. He teaches Math. Sue likes him very much. He teaches clearly. Sue is happy in her new class. Manty Nancy Smith. She’s strict but kind. She teaches English. Gail feels alone in her class but she is lucky. Jose Ruiz, a soccer player from Argentina, is in her class.
49. What makes Sue love her class?
a. John Carter is a nice man c. Jose Ruiz is in her class
b. Manty and Jeremy are in her class d. Gail in her class
50. Why does Gail feel alone?
a. Sue is not in her class c. Jose Ruiz is a soccer player
b. Miss Nancy Smith is player d. Manty and Jeremy are in Sue’s class