SMP KOSGORO SEKABUPATEN BANYUWANGI
Choose the right answer by crossing a, b, c, or d !
This text is for questions 1-3
Tuesday, March 10”, 2009
Jl. Krakatau No. 4 Surakarta
Dear Mr. Fadli
I have got a news that grandmother is sick and hospitalized. So, my familyand I have to visit her to ask for information. My grandmother lives in East Java. Therefore, can’t attent your classes for two days.
Thanks you for your permissions.
1. What is the purpose the letter?
a. To ask for information c. to give information
b. to ask for permission d. to give permission
2. why was the writer absent?
a. Because he was sick c. because he would visit his grandmother in the village
b. Because his father was sick d. because he would visit his grandmother who was sick
3. I have to visit her immediately. The underline word means…..
a. Grandmother c. aunt
b. Writer d. my family
4. Father : I… a new bag for you. Here yoa are
Mother : Wow! It’s so nice. Thank’s dear.
Father : Anytime.
a. buy c. will buy
b. bough d. am buying
5. we were chatting at the stop when the traffic accident…
a. happen c. is happen
b. happened d. happening
6. the boys…. Out side when suddenly it rained
a. play c. are playing
b. plays d. were playing
this text is for questions 7-8
The lift in this building be out of order for repairs between 6 am. To 11 am. On Thursday, March, 15” 2009
7. What does the announcement above mean?
a. We don’t have to use the lift before 15 March 2009
b. We should use the lift at 9 am. On 15 March 2009
c. We may use the lift at 10 am. On 15 March 2009
d. We can’t use the lift at 6 am. To 11 am. On March 15” 2009
8. How long will the lift be repaired? For …
a. 10 hour c. 6 hours
b. 9 hours d. 5 hours
This text is for questions 9-10
Praying that you’re feeling better soon !
Your dearest friend,
9. We send the card above for ….
a. graduating student c. married couple
b. sick people d. birthday people
10. Who is the message for ?
a. Fellow student c. sister
b. Brother d. mother
This dialogue is for number 11-13
Karim : We have two days holidays. Any plants?
Panca : No, not yet
Karim : What if we go fishing ? I think there are some fishes in the river
Panca : I don’t think it is a good I idea. It’s very dangerous fishing in the during rainy season
Karim : Do you heve any idea?
Panca : No opinion
11. Karim and Panca are talking about ….
a. their friends c. their school subject
b. their holidays d. their hobby
12. Who were talking in the dialogue?
a. Between two friends c. feacher and student
b. Faher and son d. teacher and friends
13. Panca didn’t agree with Karim’s idea because ….
a. He doesn’t like fishing c. fishing during rainy season is dangerous
b. He love fishing d. he didn’t know where to fish
14. Randy : Dad, how about our plan for the next holiday?
Father : We …. To Batu Malang
Randy : it’s great. Will you take all of us ?
Father : Yes, of course
a. go c. have been
b. went d. are going to go
15. Fais : What are you doing now?
Eko : I’m doing my homework. What about you? Have you finished it?
Fais : Of course. I have done all my homework. I …. Last night
a. did it c. wiil it
b. do it d. am doing it
16. Silvy : Could you help me?
Ella : Sure. What can I do?
Silvy : Please do the washing up. I get cold.
Ella : No problem
Silvy : Thanks
Why did silvy meet Ella?
a. She needed her help to take her to the doctor
b. She wanted to help her for the washing up
c. She wanted Ella to de the washing up
d. She wanted to sleep
Ika : I heve tofu with meatball in it. Do you want some?
Elo : Oh, thank you. It must be delicious.
Ika : yes, you bet. My mom made herself
ElO : Your mom? Is she a cook?
Ika : No, but she’s goot at cooking
17. Ika and elo are….
a. Friens c. student and teacher
b. brother and sister d. mother and son
18. What has happened?
a. Ika is a good girl c. Elo is a good friend
b. Elo loved the foot d. Ika offered something to Elo
19. Ika’s mother is ….
a. a cook c. not good at cooking
b. expert in cooking d. cooking by the time of speaking
20. Alvin : …. Here’s a little present in your happy day
Hesti : thank you. Please enjoy the meals
a. Excellent c. Happy New Year
b. Good job d. Happy birthday
This text is for questions
To : Erika
Finnaly, you did it! You have finished your study in junior high school. Your achievement prove that you’re the best! We’re proud of you.
21. Why did Erika’s sisters write the card?
a. To give sympathy c. to express gratitude
b. To invite someone d. to congratulate someone
22. What makes Erika’s sister’s proud of?
a. Erika and her sisters have won a competition
b. Erika’s sisters have graduated with the best achievement
c. Erika’s sister have finished their study in junior school
d. Erika has graduated from her school with the best achivement
23. Some one knocked the door when I …. TV
a. watched c. is watching
b. watch d. was waching
24. I …. Sandra when she attending a party
a. met c. am met
b. meet d. was meeting
25. I was walking when I …. To rain
a. start c. started
b. starting d. was starting
26. All the jackets in the shop are expensive, but the brown is the….
a. as expensive as c. more expensive
b. expensive d. most expensive
27. it’s better for me to use a computer rather than a typewriter. But a computer is …. Than a typewriter.
a. cheaper c. cheapest
b. more expensive d. most expensive
This text is for questions 28-32
INDIAN & CHINESE CUISINE
Permata Plasa ground floor (next to President Hotel)
Jl. Tamrin Kav. 57. Jakarta
Telp. 3903287-8, fax. 3903286, E-mail : email@example.com
come & enjeoy our excellent and quality service in a superambince
28. What is the information about ?
a. Hotel c. Restaurant
b. Plaza d. Apartement
29. The place offers …..
a. Chinese and Indian food c. European food
b. Indonesian food d. Traditional food
30. “…. Enjoy our exelent food”. What does our here refer to ?
a. The branch c. The president and the queen
b. The chef d. Queen’s Tandoor owner
31. The phrase “No Branch” means ….
a. There is no competitors
b. There is only one place called Queens’s Tandoor
c. This place is very unique
d. There is no other food expert Chinese
32. Rosa : Next Sunday well will have a holiday,
won’t we? What about going to mount Bromo
Rima : …. Because the air in mount Bromo is to cold. I am sure we cannot stand of it
a. I disagree c. that’s a good idea
b. I agree with you d. there is no doubt about it
Pub, karaoke & Café March 10”
Present Tuesday Evergreen
Singers show from Jakarta
Aura Kasih & Krisdayanti
With imperial Band
For this month
DOME will perform Brithney Spears from America
Jl. Tunjungan 102 Surabaya
33. What is DOME? It’s the name of the ….
a. singer c. show
b. band d. cafe
34. what does the advertisement tell you about?
a. Where the singers come from c. who the owner of the cafe
b. What events there are in the café d. where the café is
Giraffe waqs the talent animal I saw in Gembira Loka Zoo. It is male. It is about six meter tall. It has big brown eyes. It has brown spots on its skin. It has also two short horns on its head. Its tail is long with thick hair on the top of the tail. It likes eating grass and leaves if tree.
35. The suitable title for the text above is….
a. Giraffe c. Gembira Loka Zoo
b. The tall Animal d. Big Brown Animal
36. What is on the top tail?
a. Eyes c. Hair
b. Horn d. Head
37. The word “male” means that tha animal can’t ….
a. Eat food c. find food
b. Live alone d. give bird
Borobudur Temple is one of the miracle in the word. It is old monument in Indonesia. Borobudur is located in Magelang, Central Java. This place is near Jogjakarta. It is on 266 meter above the sea levels.
Borobudur Temple has a lot of statues and two kinds of relief. They are very beautiful and interesting. That’s why many foreign tourists want to visit there. It is on 266 meter above the sea levels.
Borobudur Temple has a lot of statues and two kinds of relief. They are very beautiful and interesting. That’s why many foreign tourists want to visit there. It has three terraces. Therefore, it is extremely high.
38. What does Borobudur have?
a. Lots of statues and two kinds of relief
b. A couple of terrace and a kind of relief
c. Few of statues and three kind of relief
d. Many statues as well as kinds of relief
39. “……. To visit there” (paragraph 2)
The word “there” refer to…..
a. Indonesia c. Central Java
b. Jogjakarta d. Borobudur Temple
This text is for question 40-42
Andri : I’ll have a holiday next week. I will go to my uncle’s house in Surabaya
Faizal : how (40)….. you go there?
Andri : By plane. I think travelling by plane is the (41) ….. of all.
Faizal : But how about the fare? Is it expensive?
Andri : Of course. It needs (42) …… money than other.
a. Long c. will
b. When d. many
a. Fastes c. slower
b. Slowest d. fastes
a. Less c. more
b. Fewer d. much
43. …. Noise just then?
a. Did you hear c. have you heard
b. Do you heard d. have you been hearing
44. Ladies and gentlemen. The shuttle bus will be ready in a few minutes. Please take your luggage and check everything. Have a nice flight. This announcement is delivered…..
a. At the bus station c. in a harbour
b. In a railway station in an airport
1. Black thick smokes came out from the windows and door followed by Duan who holding the weet cooker on his hands.
2. “Hi, good morning everyone! By the way my popcorn end by the cooker exploded” Duan said.
3. But suddenly a big bang sound from Duan’s house
4. All the people starting to do their activities
5. It was early in the morning
6. And our family too
45. The correct arrangement to make a good paragraph is …..
a. 4-2-6-1-3-5 c. 5-4-6-3-1-2
b. 3-6-1-4-5-2 d. 3-5-2-4-1-6
46. Rearrange these words into a good sentence!
Promotion – I – on – to be – captain – you – congratulate – your
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
a. 3-8-1-2-7-6-4-5 c. 2-7-3-6-8-1-4-5
b. 8-1-4-5-2-7-6-3 d. 2-7-6-3-8-1-4-5
47. Joni has Rp. 15.000. edi has Rp. 20.000 and Andi has Rp. 30.000. it means that Edi has …. Than Joni but Andi has the ….. of all
a. Much – more c. more - most
b. More – much d. most - more
48. Ani : Is the MTV proggramme very interesting?
Sigi : it is. I think more people ….. it tonight.
a. Will watch c. watched
b. Are watching d. watch
49. Ihsan : Have you ever been to Bali?
Didit : Yes, I have
Ihsan : When ……. ?
Didit : Last year.
a. Will you go there c. have you go there
b. Did you go there d. are you going there
50. Ira : What a new look! You look more beautiful.
Listi : …………
a. I’m sorry to hear that c. I don’t know you mean
b. Is that so? D. Thank you. I’m happy if you like it